Friday, May 13, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday


This meme is hosted by Katy of  A Few More Pages.

How to participate: Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence. The link-up will be at A Few More Pages every Friday and will be open for the entire week.




I just finished The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi Durrow this morning.

The Girl Who Fell from the Sky
"You my lucky piece," Grandma says.

Rachel Morse's grandmother says this to her as they are leaving a hospital where Rachel was recuperating after a violent family event.  Knowing the family tragedy that precedes the events of the novel,  I wanted to read to the end of the book to see why her grandmother considers her a lucky piece.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I really enjoyed Durrow's debut novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover!!!!!!!!!
    Here's my beginning:
    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-beginningson-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like an intriguing book. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a new follower. I am completely intrigued by this opening line and will look for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by.

    @BrownGirl -- I loved it too. I read it practically in one sitting.

    @BookGatherer -- Isn't it lovely? I've seen one where the shape of the girl is filled with sky and cloud.

    @Creations by Laurel -- It really is a great book. I highly recommend it.

    @AnneBennett -- Thanks for the follow. This is a great book despite the heavy subject.

    ReplyDelete