Thursday, September 1, 2011

Poetry

I'm going to put myself out there and say 'I don't really like poetry.   A lot of poems are like ceaseless blather to me.  Maybe it was all the rote learning of the Song of Hiawatha (by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow), but poetry usually doesn't appeal to   me.       Now I will admit to loving the The Bells (my absolute favorite poem) and The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe.  Now, I have a massive book of Rumi (Persian Sufi mystic) to get into.                      I actually like this one:                                                                                                                                               You were born with potential.
          You were born with goodness and trust.
          You were born with ideals and dreams.
          You were born with greatness.
          You were born with wings.
          You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
          You have wings.
          Learn to use them and fly! 

         Any poetry suggestions, feel free to add.                                                                                                           

1 comment:

  1. I love poetry! And I love Rumi! Great poem. I always post a poem on my blog on Saturdays, if you are interested come have a look this weekend.

    ReplyDelete