Friday, April 8, 2011

Nook or Kindle

The Man from Beijing (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)
  • I've been trying to decide for months now whether to get a Kindle or a Nook.  Now, Barnes & Nobles is selling refurbished Nooks on ebay for $79.   I actually like the Nook better for features and look but I'm not sure I should take the leap.  It is getting kind of claustrophobic reading on my cell or laptop.
  • For the month of May, I'll be blogging Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project 
  • I'm starting a garden; hopefully, I manage to survive the growing season. I have to do some research.
  • I'm watching the HBO/BBC miniseries Five Days -- powerful stuff. 
  • I love Scandinavian fiction. First Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist -- a vampire novel I could stomach to Mankell's Man from Beijing.
  • I want a shellac manicure.  My hands look so raggedy.  I was so good until last week.

2 comments:

  1. HI Simone! I found your blog through book blogs, and wanted to offer to you why I chose the Nook(which I absolutely love!) over the Kindle. Here is the link about my thoughts on it from my blog:

    http://hpreviewsbooks.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-am-still-here.html

    I hope that helps if you haven't already jumped at the chance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    My reasons are virtually identical to yours. I'll be getting one this week.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete