Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Years Resolution Nearly Accomplished

One of my New Years Resolutions was to run at least a 5k.  Well last night I registered for a 5k.  I chose this race because it's close to home and I really like the medal.  At this point, the race is 46 days away so I'm already kind of behind as far as training for speed, so I'm just concentrating on finishing in a decent time and enjoying the experience.  I can't wait to compete in my first official race.  I was lucky enough to get an opportunity to get a copy of The Barefoot Running Book by Jason Robillard, so I've been reading and using the techniques to refine my running stance and manner.  I'm wearing light weight sneakers; I live in NYC and can't fathom running barefoot or in those thin soled shoes even in a park. 

Has anyone competed in any race lately?  Any training tips or book recs?

No comments:

Post a Comment