Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: I'm Kind of A Big Deal: And Other Delusions of Adequacy by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor

I'm Kind of A Big Deal: And Other Delusions of Adequacy by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor
Publisher: Gallery Books
Published Date: June 2011







I'm Kind of a Big Deal: And Other Delusions of Adequacy is Stefanie Wilder-Taylor's memory of her journey through Hollywood.  After initially leaving home for New York, she realizes that California might be a better bet to achieving her dream of being an actress.  Amusing anecdotes of the various jobs she has while trying to audition for acting jobs.  Even more fun when she realizes that her manager's wife auditions for all the prime jobs!  Little does she know that suffering through a dating show cattle call would lead to her promising career in show writing and show running.  Finally, she finds something she enjoys doing that she can earn money and enjoys doing.

Having never read any of Stefanie Wilder-Taylor's other books, I had no idea what to expect.  This book exceeded my expectation. Several parts of the book were chest clutching funny. Her description of her struggle with alcoholism and the details of her relationship with her dad were poignant.  The only part I disliked were the letters to Angelina Jolie at the end of the book.  They kind of dragged the book down for me.

**This book was provided by the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.**

No comments:

Post a Comment